3 Stories of ERP Implementation Success
When the time comes to begin the ERP platform implementation process, it’s normal to feel a bit nervous. After all, you’re making a fairly substantial organizational change that has the potential to take your retail business to the next level when managed properly.
To help ease your nerves, we’ve compiled a list of a few our real stories of retail ERP implementation success so that you can begin your transition with a positive outlook; because really, what better way is there to start?
Situation 1: A leading clothing retail chain needed to improve visibility and flow of information across departments in order to minimize cost and waste.
Solution: With the help of an ERP platform and Systems Limited, this retailer enjoyed an advanced managerial solution that included all handheld devices, POS integration, and a secure, role-based interface. This minimized duplications and help to optimize the decision-making process throughout the business.
Some other practical benefits from the implementation included:
- A more efficient supply chain - by having central management of retail store operations, this business was able to create consistency in stock schedules and sales promotions, saving time and money in coordination and replication.
- Improved financial planning - improved practices related to invoicing, purchase orders, and expenses lead to improved financial planning and analysis; faster.
- Optimization of sales and marketing efforts - having sales processes and business rules that remained consistent across all channels allowed for better marketing campaigns and promotions with way less stress.
Situation 2: An international brand retailer based in Asia was using a generic ERP solution that wasn’t fully meeting their specific needs and challenges - leading to siloed operations throughout their business.
Solution: By upgrading their solution to one with functionality specific to retail, this business was able to shift their focus entirely to growth and expansion - instead of daily operations. This was possible because many of the processes and tasks that were previously being managed by people were then managed by the ERP solution - freeing up valuable resources across the company.
A few additional benefits that they experienced include:
- Improved inventory and warehouse management - being able to have inventory tests of raw material, packing, and finished material meant that this retailer was able to more closely track of their items to ensure a better flow of shipment.
- Faster and more accurate reporting - having faster access to reports for every part of the business and the conclusions it enabled meant better decision making at every level.
- Clearer activity logs and version control - knowing who did what and when improved transparency across an entire organization and minimized discrepancies between departments.
Situation 3: A popular, contemporary textile brand was experiencing rapid growth but getting slowed down by manual procedures for essential HR tasks.
Solution: To help bring these key processes under the same roof and to restructure essential tasks, they chose to implement a modern ERP solution that included increased functionality in HR. Doing so led them to benefits across the department ranging from recruitment, to payroll, to tax and benefit management.
Some other improvements they found included:
- Better employee record keeping - to ensure that their talent was in their ideal role, this solution enabled a complete personal and professional record.
- Faster recruitment through automation - having major onboarding tasks automated cut down on time and cost expended for each recruitment cycle.
- Happier and more motivated employees - improved management of benefits and compensation lead to productivity gains throughout staff.
Getting started with an ERP solution doesn’t have to be difficult, but it is far from something that should be done alone. Choosing the right partner (link to criteria blog post) in implementation, particularly one that is experienced in retail, can be extremely helpful in minimizing any disruption or data loss that could occur during transition. The right partner can also be integral in helping your employees to adjust to your new solution - ensuring a smoother and more positive experience for all involved.
If you’re interested in hearing more success stories of retailers and ERP platforms, make sure to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are solely those of the author in his private capacity and do not in any way represent the views of Systems Limited, or any other entity related to Systems Limited.